Poetry Less Than Daily

Strong Poems. Beautiful Poems. Tough Poems. Poems w/ the F-word. Poems less frequent than before but no less kick-ass.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Catherine Wagner


I Am Darling You




let me king around
you king all over, mighty

Bring a town in, okay,
add a country,

slavish all over me, please.

Darned mighty, sleeping,
oyster eyes.

Feel little. Little my head to sleep.

I suffer you, you basic.

Deign down, lean at me, chosen.

Judas Icarus.

He made enough for me to take to lunch.

1 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger nc girl said...

Thank you, thank you for posting this. I love the flighty nature of Catherine Wagner's poems - how they allude, don't tell, but somehow work. She's the first wild, "experimental" poet I've read who consistently has an ear and who feels honest, not like she's trying to put a big one over on the reader.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home