Poetry Less Than Daily

Strong Poems. Beautiful Poems. Tough Poems. Poems w/ the F-word. Poems less frequent than before but no less kick-ass.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Spencer Short

“And I Have Mastered the Speed & Strength Which Is the Armor of the World”

And so.
Someone has written Fuck You in empty beer cans
across my neighbor’s lawn. It turns out it was my neighbor.
They glow like little teeth. Someone has written

& written & written.
Someone subtracts my father from my mother,
discovers I am the solution, discovers solution is, in fact,
the wrong word. I am what is “left over”

you say & the wires dangle
like a participle in the streets. “I love you”
you say & the night goes off like a gun in a car.

1 Comments:

At 5:40 AM, Blogger shanna said...

tony, your stat counter is lying.

cheers,
s

 

Post a Comment

<< Home