Poetry Less Than Daily

Strong Poems. Beautiful Poems. Tough Poems. Poems w/ the F-word. Poems less frequent than before but no less kick-ass.

Friday, June 24, 2005

James Galvin

Time Optics

Where the ditch vaults the river,
Where the wooden flume weeps over,
Paying the way,
Where its veil makes a thin distance
And has no critics but wind-in-willowshade,
My love and I lay down
In seventeen kinds of native grasses.
We took our time.
Some wasps were building
A Japanese lantern in the branches,
The flume kept weeping into the river.
Chilly ditchwater.
Don't worry, littls wasps, wooden flume.
I'll be alright gone.

2 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[Yay!!]

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love -- I LOVE James Galvin. Did I say that I LOVE JAMES GALVIN?

Thank you for posting this poem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home